Course: MICRONEEDLING THEORY CLASS– $599.00 USD (Click to Purchase)
Early Bird Rate: $525.00 USD (until August 23rd, 2019).
Group Discount: Register with 5 or more people and receive $50 off per person. Registrations must be received at the same time, same day. The group discount cannot be combined with any other discount offer. Please email to register and receive the group discount.
When: September 23rd, 2019. 9:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Where: Queen Mary. 1126 Queens Highway, Long Beach, CA, US, 90802
Who should attend? Medical professionals & non-medical staff performing/overseeing microneedling.
Workshop Goal: To enable clinicians to attain the highest level of knowledge in microneedling treatments to maximize patient outcomes and safety.
Microneedling Class Outline:
General Microneedling Class Information – Morning Session:
- Are my products safe and effective?
- What device should I choose?
- What determines my scope of practice? (It is not needle length!)
- Should we provoke and sustain the inflammatory response?
- How often and how many treatments?
- How do I avoid complications?
- How do I maximize results?
Morning Session: 9.00 am to 12.30 pm
Basic Skin Anatomy and Physiology (20 min)
How Needling Works: Cell-to-cell Communication and Gene Regulation (30 min)
Skin Care Products – Active Ingredients to Include with Microneedling (20 min)
Skin Care Products – Inactive Ingredients to Avoid with Microneedling (20 min)
Coffee/Tea: 10.30 am to 10.45 am
The Consultation Process as it Pertains to Microneedling – History, Exam, and Diagnosis (30 min)
Classification of Fitzpatrick Skin Typing
Timing or Frequency of Treatments and Why (30 min)
Device selection – Pros and Cons of Rollers, Stamps, and Electrical Devices (30 min)
How to Combine Microneedling with Other Treatment Modalities to Maximize Results and Avoid Counterproductive Effects with, e.g. Fillers (15 min)
Lunch: 12.30 pm to 1.15 pm (NOT Included)
General Microneedling Class Information – Afternoon Session:
- What conditions can I treat? (Appropriate patient selection AND scope of practice.)
- What should I include in my informed consent?
- Complications? What did I miss? What do I do now?
- Post needling treatment protocols; Immediate and Beyond?
Afternoon Session: 1.15 pm to 5.00 pm
Scarring – Patient Selection, Contraindications, Side-effects, Complications & Treatment Plan (30 min).
Anti-Aging and Wrinkles – Patient Selection, Contraindications, Side-effects, Complications & Treatment Plan (30 min).
Hyperpigmentation – Patient Selection, Contraindications, Side-effects, Complications & Treatment Plan 30 min).
Coffee/Tea: 2.45 pm to 3.00 pm
Clinical Diagnostic Tools (60 min):
Correct “Treatment” Selection for the Patient
Review of Indications & Contraindications
Patient Treatment (60 min):
- Video Demo
- Masks (Time Permitting)
- LED (Time Permitting)
- Topicals and Aftercare Protocols
- PRP – Worth the added cost? Does it work?
- BB Glow – What are the risks?
- What is HOCI? Should this be combined with Microneedling?
- What about Low Molecular Weight HA and Microneedling?
- Post-Procedure Instructions
- Q & A (60 min)
Dr. Lance Setterfield MB.Ch.B. (Victoria, Canada) Dr. Lance Setterfield, one of the world’s foremost Dermal Needling experts, is an educator, Microneedling skin treatment specialist & international speaker. Author of “Concise Guide to Dermal Needling, Expanded Medical Edition”, as well as creator of the Microneedling Online Course and live Microneedling Workshops, he draws from 34 yrs of medical experience with special interest in cell-to-cell communication, researching effects of dermal needling on the epidermis (cosmetic) & dermis (medical). Collaboration with companies around the world has enabled him to be on the forefront of this technology.